Position: Chief Executive Officer, Full time/Permanent
Industry/Sector: NGO – Disability
Reference number: DWDE – CEO
Salary: Industry – Commensurate with appropriate skills and experience
Eligibility: Suitably qualified candidates
Closing date: 30 October 2023, 16h00
DWDE is one of the leading players in the disability employment support services arena and offers a one-stop solution to positively address skills and employment opportunities for South Africans with disabilities to become integrated into the workforce and meaningfully participate in the economy.
The CEO will be responsible and accountable for the overall success of the organization. Responsible for effective execution and organizational transformation in the development and implementation of the mission and vision of the organisation. Managing the overall operations and resources of the organisation and be the main point of communication between the Board of Directors, funders, and stakeholders, as well as being the face of the company. Driving a strong, innovative, and nurturing organisational culture. The CEO is appointed by the Board of Directors.
Key qualifications and experience required:
• Relevant Tertiary qualification
• Minimum 8 years post-qualified experience in a similar role or organisation
• Proven track record of leadership experience in a managerial role
• Knowledge of competency-based disability methodologies, and skills development
• Extensive experience in the Disability Sector with a focus on Economic Inclusion
• Industry exposure: Human Resources, Business Sustainability Management, Project Management
Key Personal Skills:
• Strong financial acumen and a high aptitude for technology
• Confident communication and engagement with high-level stakeholders
• Strong analytical problem-solving ability
• Effective negotiation and presentation abilities
• Strategic thinking and hands-on approach
• Strong relationship-building skills
• Contributing to the expansion of the organisation’s skill set and resources
• Take the lead in the development and maintenance of the organisation’s intellectual assets and capabilities
• Positive work environment where all staff are motivated to do their best
• Link mission, vision, values, goals, and strategies to everyday work
• Take calculated risks or a fresh approach to improve performance to challenging goals
• Inculcate an entrepreneurial mindset in the organisation
• Reporting to Funders/Board regarding organisational strategies and performance
By submitting your application for a position at the Disability Workshop Development Enterprise, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.